Search This Blog


Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Pledge





It’s about to be a new year … and as I sit and reflect, I find I want to write a lilst of things to see in this new year…
Sort of a “bucket list” for 2009… both personal and otherwise.
Some are goals… some are attitude changes… some are wishes for the country or the world.
And some are just…. Thoughts.

In no particular order~

I want to be more level-headed, more responsible.
I want to be more thoughtful and understanding of others.
I want to train my mind to see the good in people before I see the bad.
I want to calmly speak what I feel and be more self-assertive when it’s proper.
I want to be more self confident.
I want to LAUGH more, and relax about life more.
I want to spend more time enjoying my friends ~ and doing things for them.
I want to fall in love with someone who will love me back.
I want to stop complaining about things and to condition myself to see the positive side of things.
I want to work hard and feel good about what I do.
I want people in my state to realize that we are all in a tough position now and to be willing to make sacrifices.
I want the politicians that represent us to do the right thing because it’s their job – and because it’s proper.
I want the next president to facilitate the healing that this country needs.
I want greed to stop being the overwhelming motivator in everything.
I want people to take responsibility for themselves and their actions.
I want to enjoy every single day I have…

I’m not demanding these things.
I’m not asking for them.
Most are things in MY control.

Like affirmations, I want to think them so much that I am able to make them happen…
I want to appreciate what I have….

I know these things won't happen unless I try...it's up to me.
I also know I will fail at many of these…but I promise that every time I do, I will think hard … and start again.

I took that picture above one October a few years ago ... and whenever I look at it, I feel the calm warmth of that day and the wonder I felt at such beautiful things I've gotten to see.

Happy New Year...

No comments: