Search This Blog


Tuesday, July 12, 2011

See What Happens When You "Friggin' Smack It" ?!!!!!



If you didn't see this...watch this.  Yeah - it's soccer.  Shut up and watch it.
:


Best description of a play by an athlete ever goes to Megan Rapinoe of the US Women's National Team when asked about her kick to Abby Wambach in the 122nd minute of their game with Brazil:

"I just took a touch and friggin' smacked it with my left foot," Rapinoe said after the game,  "I don't think I've ever hit a ball like that with my left foot. I got it to the back post and that beast in the air just got a hold of it."

If you watch the replay over and over, you can just BARELY tell that Rapinoe could see Wambach's hand point towards the right goalpost.... and that's EXACTLY where the kick went...on what was to have been the last opportunity to even the score before going home in defeat.   And Wambach slammed it into the net with a perfect header....

A team with players that believe in themselves...and who know they can overcome just about any diversity.

GO USA !!!!!!    

No comments: