Search This Blog


Tuesday, November 27, 2007

'Tis the Season !!!

Whew!!! Aaaaaannnd it's Christmas time once again.

How do I know?

Because EVERY commercial on TV is now telling me that I am not a man unless I buy my girl diamonds or a new car.

Of course! What was I thinking. A true expression of love cannot be made with small-ticket items, or heartfelt sentiment, or a personalized little token to show that one person is thinking of another. Nooooo!

It must have 4 -8 intermittently activated cylinders, full leather interior and independent back seat DVD systems. Oh, and a high end navigation system (which IS pretty cool, but that's besides the point).

And it CAN'T be the holidays unless every woman is presented with diamonds. Many. Multiple sizes. In front of children, so that the gluttonous, insincere tradition can be stamped into their psyche, making sure that they always remember that parental & spousal neglect can be remedied with SHINY STUFF !!! Naturally.


No comments: