Search This Blog


Monday, May 11, 2009

You're Gonna Make it After All...!!!


Two things about the developments in other parts of the world. This image is from Pakistan this past weekend.... and an obvious place of disruption and disarray right now.
There have been many comments about the US having it's first Black president, and what a groundbreaking accomplishment it has been here. But the truth is, you haven't really MADE it as a US president, with FULL acknowledgement of what you are...until you've been burned in effigy. At last, Mr. Obama can say he's made it ~ though t be perfectly honest, I don't really see ANY resemblance whatsoever.
=====
Additionally, over the past few days, I've seen the above-pictured "chest emblems" all over the news from that country. All I can say is that they TOTALLY need a new translator. Not that it's WRONG, but "Go America Go" doesn't REALLY have the negative connotations that they intend. Plus, I have to ask .... like, really? They're wearing BUMPER STICKERS??!!
Well, I guess - if you can't afford a car, this is the next best thing...but it's kinda weird if you ask me.

No comments: